View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 22, 2002, 01:07pm
Esteemed Participant

Worked two Summer - or Spring, I guess - League games on Saturday...both boys HS Varsity...both absolute blow-outs (40 points or more)...first game was with a guy I had never seen before and he informed me before hand that he ONLY works these AAU/Premier Hoops leagues (yikes)...was interesting watching him switch sides of the court as Trail while the ball was in the half-court offensive set...trying to figure out where he was looking was also a test in itself...oh well...second game was with a local guy who thinks he should be working Varsity during the season...he came absolutelu unglued at half-time because I "stole his call"...I was T (2 person) and ball was on wing on my side of court...A2 drives to hoop and goes up to throw one down and gets clobbered...since the drive started in my primary (and ended on my side of rim to boot) I call it...I see his fist up and call to him "I've got white 52, hit - same thing partner?" He says "Yes" so I turn around and report it...at half-time he is furious and wants to know why I stole his call - after all, the play was coming to him....I just apologized, promised I wouldn't steal any more calls, patted him on the back, finished the game and got the h*** out of there! Summer ball is so much fun!!!