View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 30, 2007, 07:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
1) Iow, if the game is already determined, let the coaches throw chairs and the players swear at you.
That's not what I said, a little spin control here.

Quote:
Anything goes just so you can get the damn game over. I got news for you, JMO. The rec leagues that you work obviously bear no relation at all with real basketball.
Got nothing to do with me. Whether it's real bb or fake bb, or whatever you want to call it. Coaches should not throw chairs, whether the officials calls a T on it or not, that is wrong and unprofessional behavior in whatever league you want to call it.

Quote:
That might be the absolute dumbest advice ever posted in the history of this forum.
It was never mentioned as advice, it is and will forever remain my opinion. You may not agree with it, that is your right.

Quote:
You NEVER ignore unsporting conduct just so get a game over.
At some point during this discussion you need to take the time to read what has been written. I did not IGNORE anything. I did not see a violation therefore I got no call to make. I am not happy about the chair being on the court, but you know what, I am not happy about the price of gas either.

Quote:
2) You wouldn't recognize game management if it jumped up and kicked you in the head. You don't have a clue what the term means. Ignoring unsporting conduct just to get a game over is about as far from game management as you can get.
And you have no clue what it takes to be a good official. Quote from NFHS Quarterly Report: People may think that simply knowing the games rules constitues competent officiating. There is so much more.....