View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
Yes, the batter can change batter's box after every pitch if he so desires. This is not making a travesty of the game.

MTD, Sr.
Except he can not do it if pitcher is in contact, he would be out in this case.

I will add that I have never seen a batter change positions in the box during an at bat, so this is a rare case. There is a reason for switch hitters to bat one way or the other, ie which arm the pitcher is pitching with. For a switch hitter to change in mid at bat should mean a pitching change has been made durinig the at bat and the new pitcher throws with a different arm. I can not remember ever seeing a new pitcher come in during an at bat throwing from a different side either.

Since most fall leagues are pretty laid back, instructional, whatever you want to call it, if a batter was continuously swapping back and forth I would tell him to stop that nonsense and if his coach insisted there was no rule against it, ie condoning such nonsense, I think I would likely say "ok, I agree, you are right, change sides as much as you like" and then send a message he would not likely understand because he is too dumb to understand.