View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 05:28pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
You didn't hear me correctly. I asked my partner (2-person), he didn't see it. I got nothing.
Oh, I read you perfectly. You had a chair flying across the floor. You didn't see who threw it, but you knew who threw it. I'm willing to bet a quick count of the chairs lined up on the bench would have told you which bench it came from, in case you really didn’t know. Call the T on the head coach. As I said, if it wasn't him, he'll learn to control his bench better in the future.
Quote:
It wasn't an NCAA game,
Three words for this, and the third word is "Sherlock."
Quote:
it was a wreck league game that was determined.
You're the one who brought very "powerful" and "influential" NCAA coaches, NCAA fines, etc., into the discussion not me. In fact, I recall telling you to quit pretending this was done in an NCAA game.
Quote:
I suppose I could have poured a little salt on that, but it wasn't going to change the outcome.
It's funny, I know refs who are reluctant to call Ts if they're afraid it might affect the outcome. Then there are refs who are reluctant to call one when it won't affect the outcome. Either way, it's an excuse, and it's not why you didn't call it.
Quote:
I do agree with JR that this will cause problems for me later on, as everyone thinks I'm not going to make the big call. Guess what, I got a surprise for them. I am the better because i acknowledge and understand that this is coming. It is a problem that I now have to deal with alone. Acknowledging the problem is half the solution.
So all this rambling and you agree with us?
Quote:
Did we forget about Bobbie Knight? and he's still coaching.
Not at all. Obviously, he's the first guy to come into mind when discussing restless chairs. Also, obviously, he got a technical foul called when he threw the chair. So using him as an example is really counter-productive to your whole point here.