View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 04:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Of course Fitump conveniently tells the story from his own jaundiced viewpoint. The real story is quite a different tale, but it appears I am not allowed to tell it here in this forum.

The designer in question (Scott, by the way) was treated very rudely by WJR (remember John Hastings?), Fitump's boss. Of course you will not hear that from Donny here, only a one-sided story.
Precisely. Mr. Rucker, Donovan's former employer and former owner of Officials Unlimited, made overatures of his own accord toward Scott to buy his shirts in bulk quantity. He tendered an offer per shirt that was less than Scott's cost to have the shirts made. When Scott declined the offer, Walter abruptly cut of all negotiations and sent Scott a few incredibly rude messages that he could have the shirts made by his own sweat shop for even less, or better yet, have them made over seas. In fact he threw Scott off of Officials Unlimited just because Scott wouldn't buckle to his offer.

Now, personally I love the shirts, as do many other umpires in my area. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Scott's designing eye, I think it's only fair to point out that he had the balls to think outside the box and try something new. Donovan Hammond (Fitump) disparaging Scott personally is simply ridiculous.

Tim.