View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 02:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You didn't read me correctly. You will get retired, fired, and canned for not making this call. Either you saw it and didn’t call it, or you didn't see it. Either way, there's no excuse at the NCAA level. Not with a three-whistle crew.
You didn't hear me correctly. I asked my partner (2-person), he didn't see it. I got nothing. It wasn't an NCAA game, it was a wreck league game that was determined. I suppose I could have poured a little salt on that, but it wasn't going to change the outcome. I do agree with JR that this will cause problems for me later on, as everyone thinks I'm not going to make the big call. Guess what, I got a surprise for them. I am the better because i acknowledge and understand that this is coming. It is a problem that I now have to deal with alone. Acknowledging the problem is half the solution.

Quote:
Let's put it this way: The ones who are that powerful and influential didn’t get that way by throwing chairs across the floor. I guarantee if they throw a chair across, they're expecting the T. Worst thing you can do then is not call it.
Did we forget about Bobbie Knight? and he's still coaching.