View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 12:37pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Or he might have something to say to your assigner for giving him a T he didn't commit. It could have been a fan for all you know. At the NCAA level there is a huge fine for getting a technical, you better be sure about that. Telling your assigner it was someone on the bench, I don't think is gonna fly.
Quit talking like this was during an NCAA game, 'cause if it was, I guarantee you'd have been retired for not giving him a T. Three person crew, there's no excuse for someone not seeing it. HS game, call the T on the HC and move on.
Quote:
There is this thing called game management. It's in the book. Sometimes, it is better to use your discretion.
Which book would that be?
Quote:
I know some coaches that behave even worse after receiving 1st technical because they know officials won't give them the 2nd one.
And whose fault is that? Oddly, I haven't seen this after my Ts (with one exception who quickly learned that a 2nd T would indeed be called). Here's a hint, wreck coaches can be taught, too. Hand out a deserved 2nd T a couple of times, and they get the picture pretty quickly.