View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 29, 2007, 12:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
While I stand by the ejection, I performed poorly. But to some extent, it was worth it due to the things I've learned:

1. Don't automatically go into blowout mode (i.e. ignoring fouls committed by the team getting pummeled), especially early in the game. You might be judicious in your selection of what to call, but don't EVER ignore things like takedowns or other completely physical moves that have no place in any basketball game. I can't believe I swallowed my whistle on that one play.

2. Don't ignore the T even if the team's coach you need to hit is behind by a bunch. Had I hit the coach earlier, ejection may not have come about.

3. Warn once, then enforce. Most coaches don't want to be ejected, and won't chance a second T.
#1. Never go into blowout mode

#2.) There is this thing called game management. It's in the book. Sometimes, it is better to use your discretion.

#3.) I know some coaches that behave even worse after receiving 1st technical because they know officials won't give them the 2nd one.

Try communicating to the players and coaches how you expect the game should be played, what you will accept and what you will not. If I got a team that's getting chippie, we start sending people to the bench. 7th and 8th grade, go to the bench, varsity, intentional foul. Hopefully you can get thru it, if not JR em...