Thread: I nearly died!
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 28, 2007, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

That's why the people I respect the most are those ref people who are so diligent at their job. Reffing (all of them) is wayyy tougher than coaching or playing. I totally thank any ref who allows my players to play their game against the other team and not have to worry about the ref's calls. Even line judges who kneels down so that the can actually see a ball touching the line or not get's my utmost respect. The line judges who just stand there without moving a muscle...I wish I could fire them on the spot... oh well.

If no one is scoring, I'll fall asleep. Regardless if I'm reffing, a fan, a benched player, even happend while I was playing, well just that I zoned out...Happens even when no one (JOV's) is serving the ball over the net with rally scoring...(somebody please relieve me, I can't ref that!!!).

Up ref having to stand, feet nearly motionless for like two games back to back lasting two hours is pretty hard on the feet, knees, and hips. Can a person get a rest break...please.

If that were SOS, one game that's 3 plus hour for 2/3...I never want to get to ref that tie breaker match...

Last edited by OmniSpiker; Tue Aug 28, 2007 at 03:12pm.