View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 26, 2007, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
All I will say to you is you better be careful. Carrying a gun has all kinds of regulations with it that can sometimes vary by jurisdiction. I know cops that cannot bring guns to certain areas (especially if they are not on duty). I do not own a gun. If I did own a gun not sure I would ever bring it to school where I was working a game. Just this Friday I was told a story about an officer working a game and he brought his gun to school. Then the gun along with other things was stolen. He got in a little bit of trouble with that one. I am sure the each state has different laws and that can change many things. I think more things can go wrong than can go right.

Peace
JR knowing the laws is the fourth step of responsible gun ownership. The first three are all Safety First! In Arizona it's a moot point, because as like Texas, you may have a weapon in the car in the parking lot, but not on campus. Getting anything stolen would be awful, but if you were a police officer and it was related to that, it seems like it would be 100x worse.