Thread: SCAB officials
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 24, 2007, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

2) Got nuthin' to do with my association. I don't have a horse in the race. My point was that, personally, I respect other officials groups and I absolutely refuse to get involved in another group's dispute. Ever. Doing so would make me feel like a.....scab. That holds true for all disputes of this nature, no matter where they occur. That's just me also.
You truly are Jurassic
Back in the day when unions had a purpose crossing a picket line meant something. It's a brave new world

I would have no problem doing these games. I'm an arbiter of games not an enforcer of a leagues internal policies.
Who cares if the leagues policy of kicking a coach out of the league wasn't followed?
If the coach has a problem respecting officials it's a game management issue. I can take care of that in about 30 seconds and be on with the game.

What if the leagues policy was 8 strikes and you're out, and the coach was at 7, would there have been an issue?
Would the association have refused to take this league on as a customer?
It's the leagues policy NOT the associations policy that is not being enforced.
The referees need to manage the game and let the league tend to administration and off the field discipline.

If the association is scared of this coach then they should simply walk away and let the league go about their business. I'm not going to refuse a game simply because another official can't handle the heat.