View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 10:13pm
Official Forum Member

I am not taking offense at the post, I am not a veteran Ump. . . I have about 70 games under my belt in less than 4 months. . . I played for 15 years (play less than 5 games a season now) before fluke injuries made me decide that I love the game to much so I chose to become an Umpire - which I love doing and I am damn good at it and the best words people use after a game is ". you were the most consistent in a long time, can we get you for our next game"

So what is wrong with criticizing another ump here, anonymous and post fact (seen posts here do it). . .or whats wrong even asking him the question of his strike zone. . .because being new to playing in this league, I had no clue if I was pitching in an ASA, USSA, ISA or what the league rules were and each Ump really has his own zone. . .I better know it before I take the mound. . . When I do my ground rules, I make sure that each team knows my zone and its appreciated by the players. . .I rarely have batters or pitchers complain.

All I want to do is get better as an Ump.

The first UMP to the field wasnt ASA (he just happened to be on the wrong field - right league), the second Ump (our ump) had on a powder blue shirt but nothing to denote ASA. Heck, I ump in ASA Only leagues where the LEAGUE RULES state I use a Mat OR a line behind the plate extending from batters box to batters box. . .

Is it a crime or taht improper to pull the Umprie aside and ask before a game??

Last edited by justcallmeblue; Wed Aug 22, 2007 at 10:20pm.