View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 22, 2007, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire99
I was calling a FED game last night where the coach of the defensive team requested time out and came to the mound to talk to his infielders. As he approached the mound, he threw a ball to his F5 who played catch with F6 as the coach talked with the pitcher on the mound. I told him he could not do that. He stopped without questioning me, but after the game, I decided to look this up to be sure. I cannot find anything anywhere that does not allow this. Any help?
From the FED 2006 Interpretations:
SITUATION 10: Coach of Team A requests and is granted time for a defensive charged conference. As he goes to the mound to talk with his pitcher, he tosses a ball to his third baseman and tells him to begin warming up with his shortstop in case he is needed to pitch. The coach leaves the mound without removing the pitcher. RULING: This is not allowed. A charged conference permits a coach or his non-playing representative to confer with a defensive player or players but does not permit any warm-up pitches by a player who is not the pitcher. (3-4-1)