View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 04:06pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtg19
Wow. "Those females," Jeff? Your patronizing attitude about females and your superior knowledge about what is good for them would make you fit right in with your brethren on the Supreme Court (read Justice Ginsberg's dissent in Gonzales v. Carhart for a well-crafted dismantling of your notions of females limited capacity to function in a world without your guidance and protection). Tsk, tsk.
Patronizing???

It sounds to me like we have a lot of males upset that their lives are going to be altered because girl's basketball is being moved (e.g. less big games). I think my record of equality and standing for equality is long documented on this site. If anything you sound like the old segregationist that complain that things should stay the same because that is the way we have always done it. Not that anyone here is a student and has to make college choices based on this factor. And from what I understand this was more of a volleyball lawsuit than one from the basketball side. I did not play volleyball and I do not understand the culture of volleyball. I am sure some of this debate rests in that level of understand. But we are on a basketball board and I have yet to hear anything that is solid other than opinions and “I think it is a bad idea.”

When I asked you a very fair question you tried to hide behind the argument by saying it was too complicated. You still have not said why this is a bad thing.

Also for the record, if my state tomorrow changed the girl's season to the fall, it would not change my life one bit. I do not work girl's basketball and it certainly would not want to work another sport during the football season. I do not work volleyball for the very same reason.

I do always find it funny the very people that are never subject to discrimination are always the people trying to claim "discrimination" is situations it does not apply.

Peace