View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 12:45pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Sox beat up on Tampa Bay. They now lead the AL in shut outs. Yankees lost, dropping a game to the Sox. So that's good.

I saw a great sign at the Yankee game, tho. It had the Yankee logo in a car mirror and said, "Warning, Boston fans, objects may be closer than they appear." Kind of clever.

And how about this guy from Arizona, Brandon Webb? Friday night, he pitched his third straight shut-out. He's thrown 42 consecutive scoreless innings. He's 18 innings away from breaking Orel Hershiser's record. When a reporter informed of this, Webb responded, "Just two more shutouts? Oh, I should have that no problem. It's in the back pocket," while rolling his eyes.
Gee, Chuckles, you left out the Bobby Jenks story. He tied the MLB record for most consecutive batters retired(41), held by the immortal Jim Barr(who?). The 42nd batter got a hit, ending his chances to set a new record. I'm sure that all of the numerous(4) White Sox fans around are upset that you missed this in your daily report.

And I see that Wiley Mo Pena of Washington just homered for the second straight game. Seeing that Bah-ston is having big trouble with their power stats this year, ya think maybe they could trade for Pena to get a big bat in their lineup? I hear that you got a spare relief pitcher available that ain't doing much.