View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 21, 2007, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_IN
So, those that want to change with the times, should not because the old fear change? That road goes both ways Irish.

BBK, you won't take me seriously because I misspell a word. Sorry if my time is valuable enough not to spell check my posts. Its a forum, not an important work memo/document.
You mistake (intentionally?) standards for fear. I guess it suits you to call those who set the uniform standards for the various organizations cowards. Because ASA or whoever wants a certain look for their umpires does not make them fearful of change or anything else. It merely makes them an organization that sets the standards. Some standards on uniforms are written, others are encouraged / discouraged. Patent leather shoes and belts fall into the latter (unwritten & discouraged) category. You are, of course, free to wear whatever your locals allow.

You might get a more useful response if you posted your question on the baseball board, where patent leather is accepted, since many of those guys ape whatever it is the MLB guys do and call that individuality.

As to speeling, if you new how to speel you woodn't have too use a speel chekker.