Thread: Racists?
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 20, 2007, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Some of my very best friends really are black. This fact, or my mentioning it, in no way makes me a racist. There are good and bad people in all races, why single out any one particular race? I have some Mexican friends, and a female Korean friend. I hope this doesn't make me a racist. I don't know how saying "some of my best friends are black" qualifies one automatically as a racist, unless it is an untrue statement.
Hey all,

OK, here is a reminder of my original statement:

I would bet that, if asked, the author of this article, if he is white, would say something like, " I can't be racist, some of my best friends are black." Or if not white, would say something like, "I can't be racist because I am a minority." I have found that these, among other things, are some of the bigest giveaways to someone being an open or a closet racist.

The key to this being a "racist identifier", is the racist action or spoken word before it. If, like you did, Steve, just come out and say that some/most of your friends are black, it is not a statement to justify a previous action. The statement by itself means nothing.

LomUmp