View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 17, 2007, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB

2. Please indicate where I gave a personal opinion of what my call would be in my situation that you posted. RIF
I have to say I'm very confused.
If my assumption is wrong it means we are in agreement, that would not be good for you. But if my assumption is correct why would you even be bringing it up?
1. You were responding to my response to this post

Originally Posted by Jim Porter
You have that a bit wrong. The call that's obvious to everyone is the *right* call. The call can't be, "wrong," if it's obvious to everyone. It might not be exactly what you think you saw, but it's most certainly the *right* call

My response
And why praytell would you make a call contrary to what you saw?
That indeed would be a smittyism

I thought it fair to assume you were not in agreement, therefore willing to call an out when you didn't see one.
If my assumption is wrong I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
3. No one's attitude will be changed by a play not comparable to what was originally being discussed..
I do want to apologize to all the proponents of the phantom tag. Since I have not attained the professionalism needed to cheat the offense and reward the defense for an improper tag I must also not be able to properly identify the plays where cheating is allowed. So if this was not a cheatable play I'm sorry. I'll try to have better discernment in the future.