View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 12, 2007, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
My suggestion on how to handle this situation. You talk to the batter and coach and warn both that the batter must immediately learn how to dispose of the bat in a safe manner. Remind them that there is no rule stating the batter must release the bat AT ANY TIME.

If it happens again with the same batter, tell the coach that for safety concerns, that player can no longer participate in that game. Undoubtedly, the coach will say, "You're ejecting the player?" and your response is, "No, Coach, I'm simply saying that this game cannot proceed with that player in the line-up". If this forces the team into a short-handed situation, no problem since it was not caused by an ejection.

You want to cite the God rule, 10.1 will do it. What you are actually doing is taking the precaution of not continuing the game under unsafe conditions.
I like it, I like it. No one's tossed, safety's kept as a major priority. I'll ponder my wording over the next 24 hours, as the fall season starts up tomorrow.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.