View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 15, 2002, 02:46pm
Elaine "Lady Blue" Elaine
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Red face

Unfortunately, I remember a game I had like this all to well. 23 to nothing in the first inning by the visiting team, 0 by the home team, inning lasted 47 minutes at an ASA
Invitational. The '0' team was an allstar team, the '23' team was a B/A team from out of town. The BU was an idiot, as I had already called him over to the side after 15 runs and told him to call girls out for leaving early, he NEVER did!! The umps up in the tower on their off games were rolling and howling with laughter!! The top of the 2nd, I started giving the '0' team a HUGE strike zone with no mention to the coaches. '23' team managed to score 7 runs.
I finally walked over to the '23' team coach while his batter was dragging out of the dugout and said, "look, coach, you've had this game in the bag in the first inning. Have your girls strike at anything and let's get this over with. The allstars are embarrased." He did, 1-2-3 strikeouts. '0' team 1-2-3, time limit & I went to the tower and told my assignor never to book me w/the BU again.
So, long story short, call 'em out for leaving early, huge strike zone, don't discuss w/the coaches unless absolutely there's nothing else you can do.

Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995