View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2007, 05:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
I was going to make a remark about you thanking "all but one", but I realized that having someone here who is wrong all the time and having everyone know who that is can also be valuable - it teaches you what not to do.

I guess someone has to be the bad example just to prove the rule (pun intended).

BTW - congrats.
Hey, don't try to deminish my worth. You're welcome. I'm honored to be the one the stirs the pot to get you to see things more clearly. To help understand why the rules are the way they are. Learning is learning, whether it's on the fly, by making mistakes, or baptism by fire. A wise man once said, what doesn't kill you, makes you better.

On to the topic. Tell me what you think about possibly switching this primary responsiblity to the Lead since the Lead is so much closer to the play. I think by placing the primary for this call on the Trail or Trail/Center, you get put in a situation where you don't want to miss a call in your primary which leads to a tendency to reach out and get that call even though, you don't have a good look at it. I know I've done it. I also know that as the lead in this situation, I have seen just about everybody call a GT or a BI when it wasn't.

Not to mention, touching the ball while it's on the rim is probably not the smartest thing to do as a player. Also, I imagine that if you where following the play but got yourself in position to make a call on the play, your trail was in the backcourt, assuming 2 person. With that being said, the T probably felt like me, this is my primary call and I got to get this call. Beep!!!! I just think that the best person to get this call is the Lead, escpecially if the violation occurs on Lead side. If the violation occurs on C or T side, then they have the primary. Your thoughts.....