View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2007, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
I had an ejection. it was an ***'t coach. The pitch calling coach to be exact. He was a very animated fellow. This was my second Plate with this team. no problems in the first game.

So his team is falling apart. Dropping balls, overthrows etc. his team is now losing 5-1 against a pretty decent team and the great comeback is not looking very good. So his team team is coming off the field and he says in a voice that not very many people heard but some probably did "That I was cheating his team ." So I go over to the head coach and tell him no more comments like that or his done for the game. Head coach says he'll take care of it......

First pitch to his player I gotta strike and in a not so quiet voice says " You must have money on this, the way your calling it." I didn't have the heart to tell him it was only 12's and all so no bookie would take my action, even if it was a National. So I walk over to HC and explain the ***'t Coach has to go now. They apparently know the drill cause he leaves without a peep......we go on and no further incidents.

My question is should I have dumped him for the first comments or did i handle this okay ?

At the tourney it seemed to be about 50/50 from the other blues.....The UIC was fine with the ay I handled it.....
Sounds good to me. You dealt with the head coach and he understood his responsibilities, just didn't take care of it as promised.