Thread: A-Rod
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2007, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Alex Rodriguez got plunked with a fastball in tonight's Bluejays/Yankees game. He sure deserved it, especially after the bush league play he pulled in late May when he yelled "mine" while running the bases. I would've said hit the jerk harder, and take him out of the lineup for 4 or 5 days. Nobody who makes that much money should get away with making such a bad move.

To see the incident, go to:
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news....jsp&team=home

On the box score, click the "3" in the top of the third inning column. Fast forward 10 minutes. I thought the umpires handled the situation very well, by issuing warnings to both benches after the incident, and later ejecting Clemens when he (once again) threw at a batter intentionally.
You don't get it.

He got his payback hit in the first game of the series on Monday and no one complained.

But no

The Jays decided that he didn't get hit well enough on Monday so they hit him again on Tuesday. It was the second payback pitch that got everyone upset. Once is OK. Twice is not.

Roger took care of that later in the game and everyone understood it - and no bench-emptying event happened on that one.