View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 14, 2002, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Your actions are exactly what's needed! I just don't get why more umps don't do it. The "newbies" ought to be made to understand that by not taking action, they encourage that behavior, and the whussies out to go find something else to do! those guys make it much tougher on the guys who really try to do their jobs.

I guess what really grinds on me is the utter ignorance of the rules most coaches display! If I could get the baseball Gods to institute any rule, it would be that if at the meeting at home plate when the linep cards are exchanged, both coaches must display their rule book. If they can't do that, they will not be allowed to talk to Blue that game.

I can deal with the LL coach who doesn't know the rules and even the spectators who don't, but when a coach is getting paid to do that, s/he darn sure ought to be made to go to umpire school and pass the local umpire's certification test!

I recently watched a HS JV coach ask an ump if he saw the play on which he was questioning a judgement call. When the ump asked the coach if he saw the play, the coach said no. to me, running that coach should have only been the beginning of the punishment. He should have been fired on the spot too!

Luckily for him, the ump just told him to go sit down in the dugout because he was laughing so hard at this idiot's stupidity!