View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 13, 2002, 10:33pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Chuck

Quote:
Originally posted by oppool
I hope you rung it up just so you could get the coaches going (just kidding).
LOL..... With the warped sense of humor I came equipped with, I always wanted to do things like:
A. Have my partner walk me into a gym for a Varsity Basketball contest while I was wearing dark glasses and carrying a white cane...
B. And of course call one of bouncers a strike... Maybe even strike one.... strike two.... if they swung real fast at it..
Winning or losing a game isn't a problem for me, but I just can't seem to deal with the unsportsmanlike attitude. I probably should just stay out of it, but I like your approach and will not say anything to the coach next time.

Quote:
I notice in your post your from SUNNY CA it most be nice I just got rain out of another 6 games scheduled for today. So far I have lost 20 games due to weather and everything is backing up at this rate some Sat in June I will probably be scheduled to call 100 games. Oh well that life I guess
Well I live out next to Death Valley... In the desert. It does have it good and bad points.... For instance not many of our diamond have that green stuff.... No we don't have money either... But I think a lot of people call it grass???
And today nearly hit the 100 mark... And that's not games....
And as you probably know, it can get a bit warm with all the protective gear... Today I even got a little sunburned... So it's not all roses out here...
It sounds like some of you call a lot of games.... I'll maybe get 20 games in a high school season.... Don't get me wrong as I'm not complaining... 20 is enough for me!

Thanks for your input Don... Got to go pack... I get to go to Tucson, AZ tomorrow... Nice town... Take care and I hope the weather straightens itself out soon!

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.