View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 03, 2007, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

NEohioref -- Well, at least you are able to proivde more information that the crew on the field did. I don't understand where this could be a "trust" situation. The UIC, Umps, and Coaches could have gotten together and got the RIGHT CALL, instead of worrying about egos and backing up Umps. The crew made a mistake, albeit a honest mistake that could be rectified. If the clock starts to could up after it expires, then couldn't it be said that time had officially expired if it was running up instead of down? (Seems common sense to me.) However, the crew did want to discuss it, was annoyed that it was taken to the UIC, and in the end even more damage was done than the original problem. In this case, the crew made the situation worse. As Umps, aren't we taught not to make things worse than they are? So, in reality, the crew made a mistake, made the mistake worse, and the UIC then helped continue making it worse. I guess it comes back to my original observation that I wasn't very impressed with NSA, it's umpires, it's umpire training, or it's UIC. But, thank you for helping me understand what actually happened. If the crew had taken 2 minutes to listen and talk with the coaches, maybe this whole thing could have been avoided. Thanks!