View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 01:53pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor
the R2 is also responsible for coordinating with the table to make sure the scorer & libero tracker are on board & know what they're doing, verifying that the lineups are correctly entered on the score sheet, checking the score sheet during time outs for accuracy and that the correct players are on the court and in their designated rotation positions before each game starts.
Ok, but this is all administrative stuff that is checked before the start of play, right? I certainly don't mean to insult anybody, but that doesn't really seem to involve any real officiating skill. Check the list, make sure everybody matches up. That's not really what I was getting at. . .

Quote:
During play the R2 is responsible for determining legal/illegal alignment of the receiving team at the moment the ball is struck for serve,
The legal alignment thing is going to take a LONG time for me to get used to. I really have no idea how to keep track of that at this point.

Quote:
and for net and centerline violations by either team. When a rally ends you also mirror the signals of the R1.
So during the play of the ball, my only responsibilities are the center line and the net? I'm looking to make sure nobody crosses completely under the net or is partially over the line and interfering with an opponent; and I'm looking for contact with the net. Is that right?

Quote:
letting them know things like where the setters are, front row/back row status of blockers & attackers
I'm going to have to signal this during play? I can barely keep track of back/front row before the serve.