View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 29, 2007, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAndBack
Thanks, guys. I've not worked varsity (fourth year - on a sophomore crew), so it's not a big problem for me to come in (if I come in during this season) and work whatever lower-level games I can pick up, just to stay active and then deal with it after that.

I was just a little surprised that the season starts so early, given the heat. But as long as everybody's okay with it, that's great.

Do y'all wear shorts?
We wear black shorts for everything under varsity level. For Varsity, we wear the full uniform.

With 3 years experience, you can probably pick up some Varsity games as a fill in after you have been evaluated. In our area, we have a shortage of qualified officials and good 2nd year guys will be getting varsity games this year.

Let us know where you will be and we can put you in contact with the right people.

Are assignments are given by area commissioners who work for the AIA (Arizona Interscholastic Association www.aiaonline.org). We usually use set crews for the varsity level, but there is always fill in spots available. For the JV and Freshman games, it will vary by game which crew you will be working on.

Check out the following website for more info. This is mainly for the Phoenix area officials.

www.azfoa.org