View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 29, 2007, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

I agree that the men's and women's game should be the same more so than HS vs. NCAA.

As a middle school AD and HS official, I think that money plays a role in some rules. Shot clock being one. I don't think there is a need for it in HS. I can see this as a administrative nightmare that would effect the officials. One more thing to keep an eye on is not going to make the officiating better.

As an aside, I think 35 seconds is too short of time. When the rule came out it was 45 and I personally liked that better.

Rules regarding the lights on the backboards and such are also asking a lot. Some schools have them, but I would say it is around 5% of the schools that I have officiated.

These are the only ones I can think of where cost .would come in...unless you want the HS floor lengthened to 94 feet. I'm happy at 84 feet myself.

I'd like to rebounding take place on the release and not on the rim for FT's once again in HS.

Since I don't work college I can't say it matters to me. Having worked a few games involving college rules during the summer once in a while, I can see where one can make a mistake easily.

When it comes to baseball, I'd ban aluminum bats at all levels.