View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 04, 2000, 12:51am

Send a message via AIM to Bradley Batt
I just want to make a comment that applies to several threads that I have read regarding the officiating in the NCAA and NIT Tournaments. While there haven't been comments such as the subject of this thread, there have been several to the effect of "that should have been called", "they should/should not have called a technical", "how can they not call that", etc.

It seems to me that the common denominator of these threads is that the people posting them are not working in either tournament, nor even at the Division I level. This isn't to say that we can't critique an official that we are watching work at a higher level, but why so much criticism? I think that it would be interesting, if one of us happens to make it to that level, to come back to these archive posts, read through them, and decide if we have changed our minds about what should or should not be called.

The officials working the tournament are there for one reason - supervisors. They are obviously doing what the supervisors want during the season, which is why they get picked to move on to the tournament.

Until I work the Final Four, I am going to reserve judgement.

Later,
Brad