View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 25, 2007, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
Cool

Tony,

Just as a point of information, the CABA World Series Tournament being played in Euclid, OH (near Cleveland) this week is the High School Age Division - falls between the 16U and 18U CABA tournaments. I'm guessing this is the CABA tournament the aptly-named Charlie is referring to. So, while CABA certainly does do "kiddie ball", it is most certainly not ALL kiddie ball.

As to the rest, I find myself puzzled by Charlie's observations as well.

I have no idea what a "FED shirt" is. Heather gray is a perfectly acceptable color for pants. Maybe he likes the Sage gray or darker MLB gray better.

I was taught that Navy, Black, or Gray ball bags were all acceptable, and the choice of wearing one or two (as long as they match & go with the shirt color) was a matter of personal preference.

While I would agree that the silver-tipped belt is "pushing the envelope" for an umpire, sartorially speaking, who give a f**k.?

I found it interesting that he chose to initiate a post generally bashing the umpires at this tournament, but the only thing he commented on was their attire - which, from his description, sounds entirely appropriate (other than the silver-tipped belt).

JM