View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to charliej47 Send a message via MSN to charliej47 Send a message via Yahoo to charliej47
CABA Tournament games at Cleveland Ohio

I took some time off to go watch my stepson play in the CABA tournament games in Cleveland, Ohio.

We Started the Round Robin series on Saturday and I will have to say that the umpiring have left a lot to be desired.

The Umpires all wore FED shirts and Heather gray slacks. Some wore two ball bags while others wore a single gray one. At least one has worn a belt with a silver tip during his game when he worked the plate.

I’ve watched the UMPs during the Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday games and I have to say that the pair I saw Monday night were a joy to watch. These two older gentlemen were true Pro’s that used very good mechanics and applied the rules consistently throughout the game. The PU used the scissors stance and was rock steady on his strike zone the entire game.

I must say these two were the only two who were consistent and up to the job.

If calling balls and strikes is only half the game, then most of the umpire I have seen at this tournament should only get paid half because that was all they did and they did that poorly.