View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2007, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

C B Buckner at it again

As with most who are baseball officials I too watch the umpires.

As we all know umpiring is a tough and thankless job, however, some of us are fortunate enough to make it to the "show" where one does make a Good living.

CB Buckner seems to be in the "middle" of many a contoversy. He threw out Sheffield a couple of years ago for throwing his batting helmet. Heck if that was the case Paul O'Neil would have been ejecetd almost every game when he played, yet CB took it upon himself to interject when he didn't need to.

His strike zone is erratic at best. I was watching the game last night between the Indians and BOSOX and he punched Manny out on a pitch that didn't appear to be even close. If we as amateurs punched out a player on that pitch we would hear it BIG Time. Manny was being Manny and simply laughed it off.

Even the annoucners didn't know what to think from pitch to pitch

Joe Torre who hardly says anything had a problem with CB.

It seems as though the players and managers do not like CB as an umpire and I read that he is considered the worst Umpire in the major leagues.

What no-body in Triple A qualified and ready to move up or is it political and I will leave at that. Do any of you think CB will get a playoff assignment?

Pete Booth