View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 22, 2007, 10:42pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the input, Robert.
Like you said, it might be a little late to make a whole new set of rules since we've been watching the NFL on TV and playing by their rules for 5 years now. Also, I started from NFL rules coz I just didn't have access to any other set. Now that I've seen how much easier High School and even NCAA rules are I might start pushing for some changes in our League. Maybe I'll get the teams to agree on this simplification. That would help a lot minimizing the mais problem we have down here that is, liek I told Mike, the fact that the game officials are other teams players. So a mistake is never a simple mistake due to lack of knowledge. Maybe they'll be on board with simplyfing things for their own good.

Before we started the season this year I tried to make a few changes (like the two feet inbounds for a catch rule) to make things easier but the teams deny'em. Sometimes it's really hard to change things down here because every team has an equal say on things. But I'll keep trying, that's for sure.