View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 22, 2007, 09:35pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900
I just got through working with a partner that I never worked with. He arrived 30 minutes before the game and announced that he had the plate. We went over coverages with no one on and men on. We went over putting the ball in play and fair and foul coverage.

Once the game began, He never put the ball in play, never followed the batter runner, never covered 3rd. I went out 3 times from the A position only to turn around to find him still at the plate. When I was "in", I had no idea if a ball hit down the line was fair or foul. Needless to say, it was one hell of a pain in the a$$ to work with this person.

So to those who think that pre-game discussions are a waste, you don't know what you are talking about. Standing out there not knowing what your partner is doing or where he will be is one of the worst things that can happen. No one who thinks like this (lack of pre-game) should even umpire a LL game!
I agree so I don't ump LL. If pre-game isn't a waste, then WTF was your pre-game.

Pre-games with morons (which many umps are), pre-games with those who don't know enough to engage in a meaningful pre-game (which many umps qualify), pre-game with those who don't need it because they have worked together so often...looks to me like pre-games, since they are touted to be of such great value on this Forum, don't have such great value.

Which, again, is my entire point. It's a bunch of BS those that on this Forum are constanlty claiming great value to pre-games.