View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 20, 2007, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
Okay I'm going to try to answer those questions that you posted just to see if I know where I am going.

1) What do you mean by second play in the infield? Second play by an infielder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
4) Plate umpire. This is actually something I should go over with my plate partners, because often I find myself behind the baseline after an overthrow because I was positioning myself for a grounder.
5) Base umpire. I have a lot of partners that want to look fancy, so they take the play at third, but I prefer to keep it simple.
6) Plate ump has all fair/foul calls, unless the base umpire stays out with nobody on, then he makes the fair/foul call and the plate umpire leaves home plate to the third base side and takes any play at second or third. Base umpire runs his *** all the way back to home to make the call at the plate if the batter tries for an inside the park homer.
Reread this and honestly think whether you need to have a pregame or not. I would say you have missed something in number 6. You yourself point out in #5 that some umpires "like to look fancy". Seems as though that should be discussed in the pregame as well. #4 you admit to yourself that you should be going over things with your partner.

Seems to me there is a very good point of having a pregame meeting with you or any partner I'd have, because these are things we need to work out before we step on the field.