View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 16, 2007, 05:51pm
Official Forum Member

Had to dump 3...or did I?

Men's Wooden Bat League played under FED.

Sitch.

I got the dish.

Bottom 9, bases loaded, 0 outs, home team down 1.

B1 hits a ground ball to F5. Throw comes in to F2 for the force at home plate. The throw is short, so the catcher has to reach for it, bobbles it, but holds on with his foot still in contact with the plate. "Out", I say. As F2 raises up to throw to 1st, his right foot (pivot foot) comes up and into R3 who is in his final stride to touch the plate.

The contact spins the catcher around and to the ground (no throw was made) who is now lying on the ground in pain. As you know, here comes the coach. "That's interference". "How can you not call that, can't you see my catcher laying here hurt, you have to call that". "That's a FPSR". ETC...

Well, I explained why I judged it not to be interference, but to no avail.

As F2 is being looked after, a player comes in my face asking, "why didn't you call that, that's terrible". The coach gets in between us and attempts to push him away. The player tries to get around his coach and at me again, giving me this look as though he wanted to kick my azz. Bing, one gone!

Coach then asks me, "why did you just throw out my right fielder?" "Because your right fielder should be in right field, not coming up to me questioning a judgement call". Then he starts to rant and rave, I tell him that's enough, we are done with this conversation too. He continues, Bing, two gone!

Now, here comes the assistant coach. Looks at me and says, "that's ridiculous". Bing, three gone. Assistant coach then continues to come at me, I stand there, and he walks up and bumps me. This is the first time I have been bumped. My first impulse was to blast this knuckle head, but I just kinda smirked and walked away.

Play continues after coaches get out of site. Base hit, 2 score, game over 1 minute later.

Thoughts?