View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 13, 2007, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
Attended this camp a few years ago. Definitely not one of my favorites. It was very pricey ($450) for the accomodations and level of basketball. Run by the supervisors for 2 different D3 conferences, yet the first words out of their mouths was "this is not a try-out camp, it's a learning camp." But during the camp it seemed the only ones getting any attention were the ref's that were being considered for contracts. The rest of us were just there to fill out the games. I received very little formal and informal feedback. Had one clinician who spent an entire game talking to a buddy of his who walked in and then he tried to rationalize to us why he didn't have anything to interject about our officiating. Clinicians were very scarce the last day of camp. Left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

If you are just looking for instruction, you get a lot better with Referee's Choice run by Roger Ayers & Mike Eades out in the western portion of Virginia. Looking to get picked up, I've attended two camps, CVAC (D2) and CAC (D3), that were a better deal monetarily.

However, I do know a few officials who have been picked up through the Super DIII camp, so it's not a total bust. I just wasn't fond of how the camp is run.

It's quite possible some things have changed since I attended.
Your right, they do tend too teach alot, but for seasoned officials, its a good refresher course.