View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 13, 2007, 03:13am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump
"•Too many plays are occuring where baserunners and defensive players are making contact with each other during a play. SAMSBL Rule 4.05 covers the many circumstances of Collisions on the field. The Purpose of the Rule is to avoid Injuries. Umpire's Judgment is the key factor in the play. Each League Member is responsible to avoid collisions so as not to intentionally hurt the opponent. Baserunners are expected to slide (cleats down) or "give it up" early. Most of the plays occur at 2nd and 3rd Base; however, running down the 1st Base line, runners are expected to avoid colliding with the defensive players. Rule 4.05 covers the event of plays at the plate. Runners are expected to slide while Catchers are expected to allow a path to the plate for the runner. All League Members are to re-read SAMSBL Rule 4.05 (or our entire set of Rules) found on our web page under the Link INFORMATION/League Forms, 2007 League Rules."

I didn't write it nor did I capitalize any of the letters that should not be capitalized.
Runners should never be expected to slide. Horrible policy.