View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2007, 09:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Again, and as always, you don't understand rules basics. You also completely fail to understand what you are being told.

Slapping the ball is NOT a violation. Making the ball go OOB is a violation, but whether the ball was "slapped" or not hasn't got a damn thing to do with that violation. They're completely DIFFERENT and SEPARATE acts. Slapping = legal. Making the ball go OOB = illegal. They aren't the same damn thing.

The LEGAL slap ended the throw-in.

SLAPPING THE BALL IS NOT A VIOLATION!!

Deliberately kicking the ball IS a violation. Accidentally kicking the ball is NOT a violation. Accidentally kicking the ball OOB IS a violation, but the violation is for making the ball go OOB, not accidentally kicking it.

You just don't have a freaking clue what you're talking about, but you absolutely refuse to shut your mouth and try to learn something instead.

Silly monkey....
The results is still the same you xxxx! It doesn't matter to me if you kick the ball, slapped the ball, intentionally, accidentally, deliberately, whatever freaking adjective you want to put on it, you still knocked it OOB! VIOLATION!!!!! Guess what else Mr.Knowitall? All these violations you just mentioned has there own penailty, and guess what that is? The penalities are all the same!!! So if the penality is the same, why the sam-blasted blah, blah blah, should I care what type of violation was just committed?

Okay, I understand where you have gone in and dinked the rule up with the slap OOB. Because I slapped it, the AP has ended even though the throwin was not successful. Got it! Problem is, if I slapped it OOB, we're still at the TI, if I kick it, we're still at the TI. One rules the AP has ended, the other rules the AP is not only, "not ended", but it is now null and void as if it NEVER HAPPENED! Both violations carry the same penality except one is now penalized more, and that is the heart of the arguement.

The rational behind the additional penality is at the heart of my arguement. The pay load on the back end, multiple successive APTI in a row changes the original intent of this rule. Not to mention Case Play 6.4.1 Sit D. says a team should not get successive APTI, but your fluky dukie new rule, null and void the AP. It's like it never happened. Logic like this will cause the space shuttle to blow up on takeoff.

Let me break it down to you this way JR, aka Master Silly Monkey. If it wasn't for the APTI, you couldn't have had the kick ball. So, without the hen there can't be an egg. So what I'm saying is the kick ball can not negate the APTI. Either we go back to the APTI or the arrow must change, the same way it did for the slap OOB. If you negate the APTI after the kick, you are saying it never happened and that's wrong, that's not an option. Get it?

Last edited by mick; Thu Jul 12, 2007 at 08:01pm.