Thread: Odds and ends
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2007, 06:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan55
#1 SP with stealing. Nobody can say why the ball is dead when the pitch hits the plate even though it passes the front plane. Some say, it is because the plate is in fair territory. Well the ball can still pass the plane and land in fair ground. Some say you can get a funny bounce off the plate. Well, I think that's a pitching problem. I feel ASA should eliminate this rule.
This was in place long before there was stealing in SP. Don't know why it was enacted to begin, but I can tell you that the majority, if not most, of the pitches that hit the plate do not pass through the strike zone.
Quote:

#2 Bases loaded, 1 out, winning run on 3B. B4 walks, R1 touches home, R2 touches 3B, B4 touches 1B. R3 fails to touch 2B as he joins the handshakes. Defense appeals. R3 is called out for the second out. The ball 4 award is to the batter and all runners advance if forced. Since R3 failed to reach 2B to force R2 to 3B and R1 to home, wouldn't you put R1 and R2 back on 3B and 2B as they were not forced to advance as R3 was called out prior to reaching 2B.
No.

Quote:
#3 When will ASA change the co-ed rules to allow the players to play anywhere and not restict it to 2-2 infield, outfield and opposite genders in the battery.
They will not and I see no reason to make such a move.