View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2007, 12:19pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up Off topic - but had to brag

Drove 30 miles each way to watch my Grandson, Tyler, play in the district Little League tournament. His team was down 4-2 in the bottom of the sixth (they play six inning games). He came up with the bases loaded and two out. He hit a 3-2 pitch over the fence in left-center to win the game 6-4. I thought I was watching a movie or something. It was his second homer of the game and he had all six RBIs. Oh yeah, he made a great play at 3rd base in the second inning when he made a running catch of a foul popup and fell into the other team's dugout. Obviously, he was OK.

District championship game is tomorrow night. I wouldn't miss it if David Stern called and asked me to work an NBA summer league game.

Just to brag a little more - Tyler led his YMCA basketball rec league in scoring and rebounding this past season. Plus - he gets exceptional grades. He's going into 8th grade this fall and has his choice of high schools in his area the following year. Coaches are already really being creative in recruiting him without violating any rules. My daughter is referring any inquiries to me. It's a lot of fun. The final choice will be his. He has friends at three of the schools, so any decision he makes will work out socially for him. I insist that's part of the equation. But academics come first, and I've told all the coaches that.