Thread: funny stuff
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 09, 2007, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

I may have told this already, but this happened at a camp last season.

Girl's team camp; early Sunday morning game right after breakfast. My partner calls a shooting foul at L, goes past me to report, so I go down to administer FT's. I get to the lane, and notice a couple of the girls have strange looks on their faces; one of them is even holding her jersey over her nose. I get closer and notice why - someone had really "let one go". It was so bad I couldn't tell if my eyes were watering or if there was an actual cloud in the air. I step into the lane to administer, and ask, "Ladies, did something just die out here?" A couple of them burst out laughing, one of them was waving her arms trying dissipate the smell, and we had to hold up a moment to gather ourselves.

Later in the game, my partner comes up to me and says, "You know, I really shouldn't eat eggs and sausage together - it really gives me gas." It turns out he was the one that let it go just as he blew the whistle for the foul, and was able to immediately leave the scene of the crime. Geeze, talk about "hit and run"...

(Used with permission.)