View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 04, 2007, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Partner's late...How do you cover the court?

Well, it finally happened and they said it would, my partner did not show for a varsity game last night until half time. It must have been 90 degrees in that gym and I was running around like a chicken with its head cut-off. I had a friend in the stands who said I did a great job considering the situation...also stated it looked pretty funny at times...as I'm sure you're finding humor right now in visualizing this rookie running around a gym.

I was moving to the weakside to get a wider perspective and then flowing down to the baseline as the ball was rotated closer to the basket. Should I have stayed up top more and forget going baseline? I stayed mid-court during press situations and baseline on free throws.

My partner offered up tons of apologies for being late but no suggestions. Can anyone offer up a logical way of officiating a game when this occurs? Again, sorry if this has already been discussed.

Thanks

Note: Coaches, Players & Fans were great during this situation...even though this was a big rival game.