View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2002, 02:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Again.....

What the hell do you expect?

You are dealing with former coaches, players and media people. All of them do not know what a rulebook is. All of them grew up thinking that "over the back" and the a screen must be completely set. And if they do think they know anything, they do not set down and talk to officials to find out. And it does not help that officials never talk to the media about anything. So they probably do not spend anytime getting rulings or real rulebook terms that they can actually use in a telecast.

Maybe this is why officials should be able to talk to the media in some capacity. I think it can help to diffuse the myths and curb the misinformation that comes from these guys. There was a time that I think talking to the media was a bad thing, but we are now in the 24 hours, all the time sports coverage. Sports Radio Talk Shows that run off at the mouth about everything. I think there needs to be some way to discuss rulings with officials, or have someone that represents them be able to talk about what is called. But that would just be a dream that everything could work out. It might be a disaster. But who knows, that is life right?

But to expect anything better from these guys is ridiculous. But I will give Packer and others credit, they do know their X's and O's. But they sure as hell do not know the rules.

Peace