View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpiano
I think the emotionless ejection serves two purposes..getting rid of an idiot while not feeding his ego.

But the real answer to testerone driven players is a league that won't tolerate ejections.. get tossed and you are suspended for two weeks, all games including co-ed with your wife, and the kids and grandparents in the stands.

This is not to say we, as umpires, should not expect arguments nor not know how to deal with them...But when they go beyond civility the players and coaches need to pay a higher price.
I think that would be great, not real feasible. Travel teams travel and there is no central command and control or way to monitor it. One week they are here, one week vegas, then LA then Texas...

I also agree with the low key toss, I dont make a big show of it.. pretty much just a "youre gone"... well most of the time.

A few weeks ago, I was in B.. runner goes with the pitchers arm at 12 oclock.. I DB No Pitch out, he threw his helmet and it hit the ground right by my feet and sailed into RF... he got the MLB toss.. I'm not perfect...