View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Ref in PA...some excellent points. Without the benefit of a tape to go review, I can only say I don't THINK we were letting the contact limit creep. I can also see your point about one of the crew needing to draw the line...and that was the only comment he made about our foul selection.

I hope it didn't come across like I was questioning the wisdom of the clinician...because he has probably forgotten more about officiating the game than I will ever know.

Like I said, I certainly see his point...and I also think the secondary point was a reminder to use the whistle to avoid future problems. It was just a different way of stating it and got my gears turning...but isn't that one of the reasons we attend camps?

JRutledge...the camp could best be described as a teaching camp. All of the clinicians were D1 officials who work women. The vast majority of campers were there simply to get better at the HS game. There were some that were "practicing" and wanting feedback from those guys before attending a college "try-out" camp. The crew had the option of using NFHS or NCAA women's mechanics...but we were told the entire crew had to match. In all but one of the games I saw, NFHS mechanics were used. A couple of the campers asked for and recieved dispensation to use NCAA mechanics even if the others were using NFHS...which some campers quitely growled at. It didn't bother me at all...I was just there to learn and get better. I really couldn't care less if someone reported differently than me. As long as all the action was being officiated and they communicated to me and my other partner they could do their own thing.