View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
1) Let's see. Maroth was 5-2 this year but had a terrible ERA of 5.06. Lifetime, his career MLB won/loss record is 50-62 with an ERA of 4.81. He ain't the second coming of Cy Young, Chuckie. Detroit had 7 starters. He was the logical one to go.
Ok, I don't follow the Tigers as closely as I should and didn't realize his overall W-L record. But they couldn't use him in the bullpen? There wasn't a scrub that could've been sent down? They didn't even bother to figure out who they'd get in return for him? They just said adios. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
2) You couldn't wait to get at the old computer this morning and post that, could you? I bet you set the alarm early just to git up for that.
Come on. Both games were over before 8 pm eastern time last night. If I'd been that eager, I would've done it last night. But I did happen to get up early this morning (stupid neighbor's car alarm), so I figured I'd post.

Quote:
3) How come Dan and I weren't invited?
Dan's probation officer said he can't be around 12-year-old girls anymore and you'd just scare 'em.