View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
Mike Maroth was a good Tiger. Good luck in St. Louis.
And you got nuthin for him, Mick. I liked Maroth a lot and they gave him away for a player to named later, who will probably end up being a AA minor leaguer. What do the Tigers know that the rest of us don't know? I do know that Kenny Rogers came off the DL, but there wasn't some end-of-the-bench player that could've been sent back to the minors? Wow.

In happier news, the Red Sox won and the Yankees lost yesterday. That drops NY to third in the division and gives the Sox an 11 game lead. Beckett was sensational for the Sox, going 8 innings, and Jason Veritek had a triple and a homer, which gave the Sox a little breathing room.

Mussina threw 104 pitches in only 5 innings, and Clemens threw an inning of relief for the first time (in the regular season) since 1984, giving up a run of his own.

Clemens could've signed with Houston, of course, where Craig Biggio is closing in on 3,000 hits. Biggio had 3 hits yesterday, including one that drove in the go-ahead run in the 10th inning. Of course, the reason they played extra innings was that the Astros' bullpen give up 6 runs in the 8th and 9th innings. Ouch.

Ken Griffey, Jr returns to Seattle and received tremendous ovations from the Seattle fans. He hits a couple homers, passing Mark McGwire for 7th place on the all-time list, but the M's win anyway. Some Putz got the save for Seattle.

And the Cubbies beat the White Sox. Ozzie got tossed and the Sox GM is starting to lose patience. Cubbies are en fuego! Well, as hot as a team can be when they're 4 games under .500; but they are in second place in the division.

All in all, it was a pretty fun weekend of baseball. I didn't get to see much of it on Saturday, b/c of my daughter's birthday party. But what I saw on Fri and Sun was a lotta fun.