View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 24, 2007, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete in AZ
Sitch -
R1 and no outs with pro rules. Pop up to no mans land off the right of the mound. 1B and 2B call for it and the pitcher is doing the same thing. R1 is holding. 2B has the ball glance off his glove and the pitcher yells to trow it to SS at second who relays it to first for the DP. 3BU calls R1 out and 1BU calls BR out. The HPU heads out waving his arms and calls the whole thing off. He places R1 back and calls the batter out do to an intentionally dropped flyball. The dugouts go ape**** and the fans are scratching their heads. I'm happy to be watching all of this go on from the stands.

I know what 6.05 (l) says...what do you think?

What if the ball had been hit to short right field and the RF did the same thing to get the DP?

The reason for this is I had a tie game in the last inning the other day and a long foul fly ball down the LF line with one out. R3 is going to score easily if LF catches it. He camps under it and his teamates are screaming for him to let it go. At the last second he realizes it and does. I got nothing but the 3B coach starts screaming about travesty of the game and all kinds of BS. Why is the rule any different, advantage to the fielder either way.
Because it is a F-O-U-L B-A-L-L and NO RUNNER is in jeopardy.

It is called COMMON SENSE.

I would run the coach for stupidity.